Monday, September 1, 2014

Book Review - The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

The Red Pyramid


I thoroughly enjoyed the Percy Jackson series, so I picked enthusiastically picked this book up. I'm glad I did! The Egyptian myths were a great change of pace while remaining a familiar theme by Mr. Riordan. I enjoyed how it was implied that this world of Egyptian Gods shared space with the Greek Gods of the Percy Jackson series. I'm curious to see if that will play out further in the future. The brother and sister team of Carter and Sadie Kane were excellent characters to follow, and I enjoyed how the book was told as if the two were relaying the tale through a voice recording. The action and adventure throughout the entire book kept me on the edge of whatever seat I was reading on at the moment. The two protagonists gained plenty of power to wield, but their adversaries were even more dangerous, making me wonder how they could come out on top. And, without spoiling anything (it is book one in a series, after all), I enjoyed how the ending opened up for future stories without giving much away. I will be continuing on in this series, no question about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment